Serenity Broken
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Sin to discover your Sanctity

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 1: Virtue Arcana

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Laran
Admin

Chapter 1: Virtue Arcana - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Virtue Arcana   Chapter 1: Virtue Arcana - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:44 am

Antyx

“Hmmm this is going to be slightly more challenging than I had previously conceived.” While I now have access to more strands of nanotubing, that only provided me with four connectors. Seeing as there are six participants, I’m only allotted four of the targets to keep tabs on and prevent fatal wounds. “Hyperia do you have any thoughts on being hooked up to all six of you? Because as it currently stands, two of our companions aren’t going to be linked to me.” I saw her reach around in her pocket, before tossing a pair of sunglasses at my vicinity. Putting them on, it displayed the other members of our party and broke down their biological readings into a health bar, a mana bar, and chart depicting the location of each member’s wounds.

“They are linked up to my scanning magick. However, since we are away from my server, I am limited on the extent of spells and tools I can cast. If my mana level begins to reach critical levels, I will require you to stabilize me long enough to complete my battle." This was the standard partnership we possessed, she functioned as the crowd control offensive mage while I played support to keep her mana and health above a threshold of around forty percent. When I had arrived at the school roughly a year ago, I had become her savior. Combining the magick of my fate with her introspective, I became the one resource Hyperia was forced to rely on and that enraged her. For once, she couldn't manipulate the technology to suit her needs, a human companion was required.

Catching the glint of determination in her eyes, I couldn't help but fill with joy and passion. Mumbling to myself, "If only there was something more between us." Rising to a standard conversation level, "I have every ounce of confidence in you,  just utilize my mana first. This way I can depart later into the fight if needed." With that I attached my red nanotube of fate to her and looked over to Alerion, "Mind if I hook you up?"

Last edited by Laran on Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://serenitybroken.forumotion.com
Asteria
Admin

PostSubject: Fight continued   Chapter 1: Virtue Arcana - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:28 pm

Yes I was elusive, so I surprised him when I ran directly at his shield and then slid under it and came right up close to him, too close for his axe to get a good swing. I deflected his attack by striking the inside of his wrist and bringing my knee up into his abdomen.
Chapter 1: Virtue Arcana - Page 2 Tumblr_nj9770VNw71un2t1do1_500
I whispered, "Can you keep up?" As a gentle breath against his ear, before I kicked off his chest with my other leg and sprung backwards, catching my chakrams as I did.
Throwing the chakrams again wouldn't work, he was a defensive master with that shield of his. I needed to get in close around his shield and strike precisely and swiftly without getting hit by that axe of his.
He was sheer power with that physique of his, so I had to be faster and more cunning by that many margins.
Even with my enhanced strength I wouldn't leave it up to chance with this one.
Vexxy shall we end this?
No wait- I'm having fun.
Don't think I'll go easy on him if he hurts you, he'll be finding dead mice on his pillows for weeks.
Woah, Iounna meant business, to waste that much good food.
She was a she-devil that one.
Back to top Go down
Laran
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Virtue Arcana   Chapter 1: Virtue Arcana - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:29 pm

Hyperia

Observing the others depart in a whirlwind of their one on one battles, I opted to redirect the mana Antyx was empowering me to activate my scanning magick. With it my Alerion’s health, heart rate, mana, and even a quick bio appeared around the edges of my visor. Naturally he was going to be a difficult opponent, knowing him for the past eleven months and even his reputation prior to that. His magick was strong and his mana storage, even more than my own power cell back in the library. Being multipurpose, I normally am in charge of the ranged dps, as the gaming community refers to it by, but for this battle I felt I was going to need to rotate my normal combat routine with one that has only been practice in my personal test cell. Getting prepared for what he may do, I telepathically commanded the belt, I had fully assembled prior to our practice session, to disengage from each other. Triggering half of the sixteen metallic beetle droids into flight mode, they took flight as their nano-tube woven wings unfolded from their graphene shells, oscillating together in harmonic motion. The remaining eight robots, cascaded to the ground and split up, positioning themselves in the grass and on nearby trees. All of them were focused on Alerion, but making sure to stay a reasonable distance away.

“Let’s proceed with today’s operation, don’t you agree?” Fully conscious of him utilizing the time to attune to his location, I activated my devices main weapon, a laser that converts 1000 Watts into a beam capable of cutting through steel. Simultaneously sixteen green lasers aimed straight at Alerion, but not before I commanded them to go into non-lethal mode. “Your move king.”
Back to top Go down
Xevran

PostSubject: Hyperia   Chapter 1: Virtue Arcana - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:55 pm

Alerion

I turned my head sideways and watched her weaponry aimed at me.

"Well as usual you waste no time."

I braced my feet and drew in a deep breath, allowing the energy to well up within me as a spherical barrier began to expand above my head.
Swiftly I channeled my power into the gauntlet on my left hand and a barrier surged into it as the gauntlet shattered and polarized into the shape of a bow as I pulled back and released a volley of condensed force arrows directly at Hyperia.
Back to top Go down
Laran
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Virtue Arcana   Chapter 1: Virtue Arcana - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:29 pm

Hyperia

To the optical perception of a typical mage, the attack would almost go unnoticed. However, with my visor set to gather and report any discrepancies, alerted me with an incoming of condensed particles. This isn’t my first bout with Alerion though and I was prepared for his barrage of attacks. Bringing my ankles together, the mechanisms in the heels of my boots begun to activate. Suddenly a propulsion rocketed me into the air, but not before one of the arrows grazed the inside of my left calf. Performing a forward somersault, I gracefully landed on one of my knees.

“Your performance rate has increased, Alerion. I’m impressed. Have you become better at reading your targets probable movement or were you able to concentrate the force to ramp up the momentum.” Regardless I sent a mental file to my computer with this new information.

Forwarding another strand of commands to my beetle bots, I repositioned them to surround my being. Time to boost up the difficulty level. The droids increased the strength of the lasers, and started to periodically rapid fire at Alerion. Let us see if you have practiced maintaining that shield of yours.
Back to top Go down
Asteria
Admin

PostSubject: Hyperia Fight continued   Chapter 1: Virtue Arcana - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:55 pm

I didn't need to withstand the attacks, merely reflect them. I created a reflective barrier before me and sent the particles of light directly back at Hyperia. I waved my hand and created a secondary barrier before me to act as a prism, retracting the light into a scattershot burst aimed at Hyperia and her beetles.
Back to top Go down
Laran
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Virtue Arcana   Chapter 1: Virtue Arcana - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:10 pm

Hyperia

Watching the beams of light refract from the barrier, I realized that I had mistaken my opponent’s skill set. That's a rare occurrence. The purpose of this exercise was more to test the completion of my drones, but defeat was an option I scarcely took. Knowing full well that I calculated the laser’s speed to take a moment to hit its’ targets, I turned my body to minimize the injuries I’d receive while simultaneously telling all my gadgets to deactivate flight mode. Sensing communication failures with five of the drones, the damage to my body grasped my attention. Located on my left forearm and shoulder, blood began to pool around the slight puncture wounds. Even my aura shield couldn’t prevent the beams from drawing blood, a magnificent accomplishment. To my left I could sense Antyx tense up, the urge to avert the pain to himself and heal my wounds. What he fails take account of, my tolerance to pain isn’t that of a typical mage.

“My performance is reckless at best. Don’t bother Antyx, I can manage this. Just remain inactive and the program will run smoothly.” My sight went back to Allerion, such a troublesome opponent. Only if homo-sapiens were as easily manipulated as technology, I’d be unstoppable. Switching tactics, I commanded the remaining eleven beetles to scutter to the trees surrounding Alerion. Taking some calculations into mind, I technopathically marked the locations where the beetles need to cut. In a swift action, they cascaded directly towards Allerion.
Back to top Go down
Asteria
Admin

PostSubject: Hyperia Continued   Chapter 1: Virtue Arcana - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:21 pm

Alerion

I could easily topple over the trees, she forgot that they were merely my barriers but for the sake of exercise drills I'd leave them be.
I felt the drones converge as they moved through the ephemeral net I had surrounded myself with to detect any attacks.
I created a platform beneath my feet and ascended into the sky.
Now is the time to end this.
The sphere I had been building since the beginning of our fight had reached maximum density, a makeshift meteor.
She had sent all her drones forward to attack me, I wouldn't have another chance like this to attack her while she was so vulnerable.
I created a barrier pulse and sent the meteor hurtling towards Hyperia at incredible speeds.

"I know you're analyzing this Hyperia, neither of us win today."

I pulled back an arrow and condensed my magick, sharpening the arrow and elongating it until it became the length and volume of a lance.
I exhaled and released.
Back to top Go down
Flynn Izaya

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Virtue Arcana   Chapter 1: Virtue Arcana - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:05 pm

Roy

Keep up, ha I will catch you and when I do you better be ready for the punishment feline!” Raising my shield to eye level I started walking toward her axe in hand ready to strike. “Come on kitty kitty this lion wants to play.” The truth was there was no way I could keep up with her she was too fast no matter how much faster I have gotten by fighting Clovis both of them were both still too fast for me, but I will get there eventually. I will just have to catch her while she is too close to me I will have to drop my guard take some damage and in that instant catch her behind my shield or grab her by her hair, it would be similar to catching a cat by the tail.

I would have to drop my axe when I went to do that but for now let’s have some fun and take jabs at the little feline.  “You know I brought some food with me if you want it.” Reaching into my coat I retrieved some cookies I had in a plastic bag, “They sure a yummy.” Throwing one on the ground I stepped on it. “Oh no my bad such a waste of snacks, you could have eaten that now couldn’t you?” I let out a little laugh as I continued my approach.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Virtue Arcana   Chapter 1: Virtue Arcana - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1: Virtue Arcana
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2