Share | 

Chapter 1: Vice Arcana

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Laran
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Vice Arcana   Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:51 pm

Kid. There wasn't anyway I could be considered that. Those that are privileged enough to gain an education, walk through life without the add-on fear of what tomorrow may bring, and even enjoying the simple wonders taken for granite, like warm showers and fresh clothes. Nothing I have endured should ever take place in a child’s world and here was this male figure attempting to label my existence. Final straw. The puzzle of a plan I had was slowly forming in my mind. That’s when the beat started, but at a frequency that not even those of children are aware exist.

“I’m sorry that you feel that this needs to involve such hostility. If you could be ever so kind to return my cup and as much of it’s contents, I will gladly be on my way.” I turned the closest chair around and sat down, crossing my legs. The frequency was altering and the technological beats were becoming subtler but only to the very few around. Their fingers started to twitch to the beat, as if a puppet to the music. When I willed the music to increase in volume, it was clear at this point he would take notice of my headsets.  

“A sweet old lady had given me the ceramic as a welcome present. I’m not going to let you soil her gesture by taking it from me.” I raised my arm and brought my thumb and middle finger together.

*Snap*

The students the Contractor had rendered unconscious reached around the legs of this greedy man in an attempt to bind him. On the inside my smile had to resemble that of a deranged lunatic. Knowing my plan was almost foolproof, any magic energy I could actually feel inside me was gathering into the speakers on my headset.

When the final note of the song played, I unleashed a sonic pulse right where the man was and turned back to where I originally was seated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://serenitybroken.forumotion.com
Flynn Izaya

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Vice Arcana   Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:36 pm

“Cute you brought me an audience, and are trying to hit me with a sound wave, but this isn’t even enough to bother a third rate magician.” I materialized a large wok tilted slightly down ward so it doesn’t hit me when it catches the sound, as it caught the sound it bounced a part of it back, and was sent flying hitting the ceiling. Looking down at my captors I smirked “You might want to let go if you don’t want to be a bunch of pin cushions.” Waving my left hand over my head a summoned a mass of daggers, their eyes lit and they all got up and ran out of the rain of my daggers forming a nice circle around me.

“See Flynn that is how you should be using your powers to defeat others, and claim a position of power.”

Well I mean I did feel kind of badass Lord Duckie, but just as I said that the wok bounced off a table and hit me in the head knocking me on my butt and leaving me with a throbbing head ache and a nice sized lump. “Well that didn’t go according to plan.” Rubbing my head I let out a little laugh.

“And just as I thought you were finally showing some progress, I hate my life why was I cursed to live like this, where is the nearest cup of water?”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asteria
Admin

PostSubject: Impressive   Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:56 pm

Asteria

There really are a-variety... of mages aren't there.
I sighed, guess I better go take charge of the situation.
I stood up and watched awestruck as Laran's would be attacker took a ricocheting wok to the face and fell to the floor.

"Seriously, where has style gone in the world..."

I looked down as I kneeled beside him.

"Not really your day huh? Don't fret though, I have deemed your existence worthwhile," I offered a hand to the man.

"You get to serve me from here on out, you have just been handed a destiny, lucky you."

I looked over to Laran, "You get to continue serving by my side, your magick is my kind of flavor, enslaving the masses makes it so much more expedient, can dispense all the pleasantries."
Crowd Control- check.
Utility- check.
Support- check.
Demolition- pending.
And that just left me to see the extent of Veritas' power.
Perhaps I'd ask him in private later-
My brand suddenly burned and I felt possessed by the need to be at Xenophiel's side.
I clenched my fist.
I won't be used like this I'll-
The brand's heat roared through my body and my eyes watered.
This wasn't happening...shackled once more. We'll be exchanging words Xen...
I instantly composed myself,
"Go ahead, take my hand, the name is Asteria, I'll be monarch here soon," I said, smiling radiantly, while feeling like my body was being torn in two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SolemmTiger

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Vice Arcana   Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:32 am

"That is weird you think I would be the center of attention in my own mirage?" I said to myself as I watched the confusing show being put on by these strange people. "Well whatever at least I am not thirsty any more. Well I guess I should just sit back enjoy the show and wait to die, now where is a chair?" My ring glowed and a chair slid towards me and stopped. "Oh cool mirage's are so convenient." With that I sat down, and just stared at the people who had caused such a commotion waiting to see what they would do next.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laran
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Vice Arcana   Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:12 pm

Drained. The only word that could describe my current state. My mind felt dazed and the pigment of my skin must be seven shades darker. Back at the table, I collapsed in the chair and tried to gather myself. Expecting there to be a void where my sonic burst was released, I was astounded to see the man still in one piece on the floor, a wok spinning nearby.

“A Wok? How could he manage that so quickly? Clearly he could do some form of materialization but that quickly?” Trying to wrap my head around his performance, my gaze shifted when Asteria called out to me, a soft genuine smile appearing.

“I’m glad that I get to bask in your presence for another day Princess,” playfully mocking her. I wondered about her true intents, shes being revealing yet so ambiguous. Conquering the school either had to be a stepping stone to a grander plan or for a personal reason. Which could it be?

“Almost all my energy was used up in that.” I softly spoke while taking my headsets into my hands. On the inside, above the right ear piece, was a battery logo flashing red. “Good to know I can keep tabs on my magic level.” I placed them back on my ears and willed them to play a classical composition, composed purely of violins, with the last bit of my magic to help ease my mind.

After the song was over, my muscles felt more relaxed and the typhoon in my head had calmed. Grabbing the tea kettle and the cups, I walked back over to the summoner and Asteria. Bending down at my knees I reached out my hand alongside hers, wondering whose hand he will choose.

"I greatly enjoyed your performance. I'd like to assist you with your next one if you'd let me. For now what would you say to grabbing more tea and attempting to find the dorms. I know for sure that I'm drained."
Back to top Go down
Flynn Izaya

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Vice Arcana   Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:06 pm

“Damn aren’t you too some fun, a future monarch and a guy who can control people and sound, a simple magician like me walked into a school of over achiever huh?” I chuckled, grabbing both of their hands and pulling myself up and walking past them. “A magician’s destiny changes with every fall of the curtains mylady, but to be a monarch you might need one of these, but don’t put it on yet you aren’t Empress just yet.”

I threw the striking young woman a tiara, turning to my rival I threw him a smile and bowed “I enjoyed your performance as well sir composer, and good idea with the head set I could probably use one too in this crazy place and as for tea of course but some other time.” Turning toward the door I held the tea cup up and dispelled it, and in turn used a moderate amount of mana to summon a pair of head phones and my iPod playing Time will remember us by Epic Score. Waving good bye over my shoulder “Tata till we meet again.”

“You should have joined up with the girl and him, if you hadn’t reacted quickly enough to his attacks you could have been beaten and not by your wok by him alone. You won’t always be able to rely on your street magic to save you, so either you start listening to me and let me teach you how to really use your powers or turn around and you join up with them now.” Demon Lord Duckie sounded more concerned than angry with me.

I will be fine without them for now and if they need me I might lend a hand or two, but your right we need some real magic here my parlor tricks aren’t going to be getting me very far here starting tomorrow we will start practicing real magic and we can hit the books or whatever I need to do ok. Opening the doors to outside I took a deep breath and headed toward what looked like a dormitory where boys were gathered outside.

“I like the attitude, now this is a Flynn I can get behind.” Demon Lord Duckie let out an gleefully evil series of quacks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asteria
Admin

PostSubject: Coming together   Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:40 pm

Asteria

I caught the tiara and smiled as the man left the room without looking back.
Trying to be cool huh? Duly noted.
As for that guy who's been staring at us...
I walked forward and put a hand on Laran,

"I'll get in contact with you all tomorrow, you did well my young vassal, I have one more task for you though, that guy over there has been staring at us this entire time, I don't enjoy being peeped at, but unfortunately I have other pressing business."
The brand continued to pulse irately and it was becoming hard to breathe, but I'd be damned If I showed weakness.
I remembered how Xenophiel had stolen some mana from me and figured I could reverse engineer it.
If you are to stand beside me, you need strength.
A gentle glow flowed from my hand and Laran's body gave off a faint light.

"You should feel more invigorated now."

I flashed him a smile and then waved to our little observer before stepping outside the hall.
Once I was alone I leaned against the wall warily, touching the brand.
Library Flashed through my head.
I allowed the gravitational pull to guide me and like when I'd first met him and seen the sigil on his back the world seemed to blur and before I knew it I was standing before him in an impressively large library.

"So good of you to join me," he smirked.

"Well I figured you must be missing me by now, I should warn you though, I'm highly addictive."

He continued to smile, "You've taken to your sin well, I am very pleased, your magick will flourish."
He moved closer and I swung my boot at him which he promptly caught.

"I won't be used by you," I said evenly, though deep down I didn't really believe I had
much of a choice, but I was a fighter.

His hand inched its way up from my boot to my thigh, "Then use me then..."

I twisted and launched a kick at his face forcing him to release me to step away as I caught the ground with my hands and spun to my feet.
I was realizing that the more pride I held in myself the more my magick was strengthening my body into a weapon of its own.

"I've been waiting for you a long time Asteria, you are everything I had hoped you would be and more. Come to me, end my unyielding waiting."

"What the hell are you talking about I'm right next to-"

He was behind me in an instant his hand covering my eyes.
Sleep.

Blackness fringed the periphery of my vision and I felt my body lose sensation.

"So much is happening, but tonight you will rest easy and safe... my Asteria."

As unconsciousness took me I forced out one last testament-

"I belong...to no one..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xevran

PostSubject: Musings   Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:07 pm

Xevran

I watched her walk with a single minded determination into the library but when I moved to follow I felt my hair stand on end signaling warding magick at play.
This was Xenophiel's doing, just what was it about that woman that had an Arch Sage captivated? She was of unnatural beauty, no one cold argue that, but that couldn't be his only interest in her.
The warding magick was potent but it was nothing I-
We.
Nothing...we couldn't handle.
But I had no reason to interrupt their rendezvous just yet, I would continue to watch her.
If Xenophiel was backing her then taking this school would be simple.
I had no interest in ruling, it only crippled and made you weak, but being at her side and using her as she intended to use me- I would be free to come and go as I pleased.
We'll be seeing each other Asteria.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laran
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Vice Arcana   Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:19 pm

Explaining this emotion was near impossible, clearly not one that I have ever felt before. When my work was praised and acknowledged, I couldn’t help but experience a sense of unity. “Was this what friendship was?” I thought as I watched Asteria exit just after the performer. Between those two, things were to become very interesting.

“Thank you Princess, slumber well.” I spoke softly. Feeling rejuvenated from Asteria’s present, it was time to manage my last task before I could go off and find a place to muddle over everything that has happened. Walking towards the boy, I couldn’t quite figure out what my intentions were. For the most part, I have the feeling of battling anyone around. “Could this be from my sin? Have I already thrown myself into tide of wrath, only to be pulled further away from the shore?” The questions continued rattling inside my head. My eyes catch that of the strangers.

“My Queen doesn’t appreciate those who pry into her affairs. I’m going to request that you let her business remain hers, before this changes into a more physical interaction.” It looked like a friendly warning, but the tone of my voice has certainly become more hostile over the course of this day. To help get my point across, I resonated another sound wave from my headset. This time I willed it straight above me, causing all the glass in the building to shatter. Letting the glass fall like rain, I turned towards the door and walked out of the cafeteria.

My sense of time was disoriented, because the night had won control of the sky. I shrugged my shoulders and decided to find a place to rest. This extravagant school had to house students somewhere and I was motivated to find this location. Walking back to the center of the courtyard, I turned in a 360 to gather the layout of the area. It was then I spotted a building other male students were flocking to.

“Looks like a valid place to begin.” Heading in the direction, I examined the building more. A white building, no surprise there, composed of four floors, a fountain welcoming those as they entered, and a dark oak door that was flanked by white columns. If I didn’t know better, I’d assume it functioned as a foreign country's embassy. Opening the doors, I was greeted by a lobby straight from the Four Seasons. A woman sitting behind the costumer service desk beckoned m e over.

“Hello there and welcome to the boy’s dormitory. I haven’t seen your face around here before. Am I correct to assume you are a new student?” She tilted her head to the side slightly while I indicated she was correct. “Well then, welcome to the Vice Arcana as well! To acquire a room I just need you to sign this paper with your name, age, and magic type. Once completed this key will be yours. Use it on any door and it will open up to the door between the staircases over there. As for your room, it will be on the top floor, use the silver key to access room 412.”

Signing the bottom of the paper, I returned the paper to the woman and she hands me a key ring with a silver key to my new room and the golden magic key. Thanking her, I took my leave and climbed the four flights of steps to my new home. Home. I’m sure that soon enough I can label this place and mean it. Standing outside the room, I put the sterling key in the lock and pushed it opened.
Back to top Go down
Flynn Izaya

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Vice Arcana   Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:25 pm

I stomped around the dormitory for the fifth time, all four floors, “Where the hell is my room?” I was annoyed you think they would put your name on the door or something in like dry erase marker.

“Maybe you should have asked the front desk girl where your room is, you might have to ask for one.”

It’s a dorm you shouldn’t have to ask for your room Demon Lord Duckie, this is ridiculous damn it fine I will listen to you lets go talk to this girl. Making our way back to the front desk I slammed my hands on the desk “Hello, nice to meet you so I have been walking around this building for a while now have been to each floor at least five times, could you tell me where my room is?” Forcing a smile on my face “Please?”

“Well you must be a new student you have to fill out these papers first.” She handed me the papers and I filled them out handing them back to her. “Here you are Mr. Izaya two keys one magic key that opens any door and connects it to the door at the base of the dorm staircase, and the other to your room on the fourth floor room 412 to be exact.”

“Thank you Miss.” Taking the keys I went up the flight of stairs for the sixth time my legs were killing me.

“Could have avoided all this pointless walking if you just asked her when we first came in.”

Shhhhhhh just shhh Lord Duckie, finding the plaque marked 412 I put the key in the door and turned I wondered if the rooms were as extravagant as the rest of the school.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SolemmTiger

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Vice Arcana   Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:20 pm

My mirage finally noticed me then it shattered some glass then everyone left and I was alone. "This seems like a really cool place to bad I am gonna be dead soon. Guess I should see if there is a bed or something to lay in for my final moments. As I got up and walked out I tripped and fell into a bush. I laid there for a minute or two then I got up, as I did I felt something. I picked it up and it was a beautiful key.

"Hm a key usually means a lock lets find your match shall we." I looked around not sure what this key was for then the key started to levitate and float away. "Hey key where are you going wait for me." I ran after it weaving between buildings, eventually the key lead me off campus to a nearby building. "Ha....ha... I should not be running out of breath in a mirage. But I suppose this is the place."

The building was on a small hill over looking the campus more than close enough to be used by faculty or staff but it looks like it has not been used in decades maybe even a century if I had to guess, even the surrounding foliage looked dead or dreary. As I approached the front door I saw a plaque that read "House of Sloth" the words seemed to speak in the back of my mind as I read them. I inserted the key into the door and turned it as I did a large blue magic circle appeared on the door then energy spread outward until it covered the whole house then it shattered sending small flecks of shimmering light floating away. As that happened a wave of something emanated out in force. I can only describe it as a wave of emptiness and despair that seemed to wipe away all purpose I felt like had I been any different any weaker any stronger had I not been me my body my life would have just stopped. "Wow I must be really close to dieing in the real world because that was crazy!" As I walked in I saw a large foyer that was a beaten up and dusty mess it was clear this house was in shambles as I looked around every room was worse then the last. "It would be a pain to clean up but it would be a sweat pad if I could." There was an amazing back courtyard with a dead garden, empty fountain, dried up swimming pool, and caved in gazebo. I walked back into the house and went to the study. Above a half collapsed brick fire place was a faded portrait with the face torn off and under it was a plaque that read "Master Nadir of Sloth- Nexus of Despair" and as I looked at the portrait I saw that he wore the same ring that I now wear. "Well that's spooky or creepy, or both. But I am probably going to die any minute so I have no time to psychoanalyze this part of my subconscious I am going to find a comfy mirage bed for one last good night sleep." I walked out of the room up the stairs and down towards what looked like the master bedroom. As I walked in I saw a fantastic looking bed just a little dusty. As I turned to close the door I saw the man from the painting standing at the end of the hall all blue and transparent staring at me and slowly walking closer. "You know I am to tired and to dead to deal with the scary part of this mirage sorry." As I finished talking he reached the doorway and I slammed the door right in his ghost face and then fell back onto the dusty bed and fell asleep almost immediately.

Unbeknownst to me there was a cloaked figure standing outside the house "I can't believe it was that idiot of all people this really sucks, things can't possibly get any worse or at least I hope they can't." With that the cloaked figure turned and walked away shaking their head and muttering in annoyance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laran
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Vice Arcana   Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:26 pm

An immaculate half off-white half night black room stretch out before me (The lower half of the wall is black, the upper half is white). Appearing no smaller than a standard classroom, the room was fully furnished and showed no signs of prior use. Two flame mahogany wardrobes stood on opposite ends of the wall to the left. Inlaid around the trim of the wardrobe closer to the door was the symbol that appeared on my hands while the other wardrobe bore an unknown sin. Next to the wardrobes were full beds in mahogany frames, posts rising from each corners to the ceilings. Maroon curtains flowed around the beds, framing the black velor comforters and pillows. Upon each bed’s footboard was the corresponding symbols associated to whose it belonged to. Separating the beds from each other were two mahogany desks, each housing a wooden crate on top. Looking to the right of the room was a small living area, a fully stocked kitchen stood in one corner while two leather couches faced a flat screen in the other. Walking straight past it all, I went towards what I thought were windows. Upon reaching them, I attempted to open them. That is when they swung opened to reveal a balcony overlooking the fountain and courtyard below.

“I definitely wouldn’t mind calling this place my home,” as I rested my arms on the railing, appreciating the majestic sight of the pure white school pressed up against the black background of the night. Turning around I walked over to the granite island in the kitchen and set down my Japanese tea set before striding towards my bed. Wanting to fall back onto the bed, my curiosity got the better of me as I stared down the wooden chest. “Screw it,” I thought, taking a seat at my desk.

Removing the latch, I wasn’t sure what to expect but just hoped it wasn’t anything too intense. Sleep was all I really yearned for. Inside the wooden chest were a stack of hardcover books, an equal amount of notebooks, writing supplies, and a device that I didn’t think would exist in this world, a cellphone. Picking it up, I carried the cell phone over to my bed and plopped back. The soft texture enveloped my skin and made me want to pass out immediately. However, I at least wanted to look into this electronic before I fell victim to night.

Powering up the phone, the welcome screen displayed a small message “Welcome to Magik-Mobile. User: Laran. If this is you please press yes. If not, press no.” Pressing the green button, a small thank you messaged appeared. “Excuse us while we absorb a fraction of your magic. This serves to configure your new mobile device so only you can access it.” It wasn’t a significant amount, but there was definitely enough being drained that I felt it leaving me. The home screen appeared and the Ira logo appeared as my background.

“Well this isn’t a very purposed phone.” Noting only four icons. “Contacts, Messages, Phone, and Games. Well at least they were kind enough to provide amusement for when we are bored.” I powered down the screen and set it on the ledge of the headboard. Swinging my legs into bed, I was about to pass out before I notice the door to the room open. “O great, a roomie” I sighed before pulling the covers over my head and drifting off to sleep.

Last edited by Laran on Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kingjtothe3rd

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Vice Arcana   Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:31 am

le sigh, i le tired. dis le post/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laran
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Vice Arcana   Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:57 pm

Walking into the room I was impressed by the white and black walls and the mahogany wardrobes, Pretty nice place Lord Duckie don't you think so?

"It will do for now I suppose, but eventually you should have your own castle remember this Flynn."

Oh look someone is under the blankets on the other bed I guess I have a room mate, and this bed over here is mine. Well Lord Duckie let's lay down and maybe get some sleep. I lied down pulling the blankets over me, staring at the ceiling and putting Demon Lord Duckie on the night stand. What do you think is awaiting us here Lord Duckie?

"A whole new world for you Flynn, this place will allow you to take your rightful place as a powerful mage. It is what you were born to become you have infinite potential and this is where you will learn to use it. Now how you use it on the other hand is up to you but I am sure you will find in due time what you want to do with your power."

You think mom will be proud of us? I rolled over tearing up as i closed my eyes trying to fall asleep I missed her, mom what should I do?

"She will be Flynn, everyone will be proud of you, and so will I now get some sleep my future De..." I passed out before I could hear what else Lord Duckie said.

Last edited by Laran on Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Laran
Admin

PostSubject: First Day of School   Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:55 am

As the sun’s rays caste themselves into the room, my eyes drifted open to the maroon canopy. “Great, time for the day to commence.” Sighing I got up and was about to head to the shower before I noticed two manilla envelopes that had been pushed under the door. One was addressed to me, while the other barred the named Flynn Izaya. “Who was this guy?” wondering who I will be sharing my living quarters with. Placing the folder on the floor I opened the one addressed to me: a class schedule and a map of the school were its contents.

Classes:

Intro to Basic Magic        8:00 - 8:45
Symphony Magic              8:50 - 9:35
Sin Magic: Wrath            9:40 - 10:25
Runes and Glyphs          10:30 - 11:15
Mage Combat                         11:20 - 12:05
Lunch                             12:10 - 12:55
A Magical History            1:00 - 1:45
Physical Fitness              2:00 - 2:45

“I can already feel that skipping is going to become a daily occurrence. Hell, they will be lucky if I return after I have lunch.” Placing the folder on my bed I grabbed a change of clothes and made my way to the shower.

~One shower later~

Back in my room, I took my headset and repositioned them around my neck. Gathering up my phone, keys, and placing a notebook in my burgundy messenger bag, I departed from the room and made my way out of the dormitory. Outside, not many other students were yet moving and when I took note of the time I could understand why: it’s 6:58 a.m.

“Well this is agitating. For tomorrow, my curtains are definitely going to be pulled close. Guess I will find this classroom and grab a quick nap before the other students arrive.” Walking across campus, I made my way to the building marked with the number “4”. The building resembled all the others that flanked the courtyard: pure white with Corinthian columns, seems like a standard building code here. On the second floor, I entered the second classroom on the right. This was a spitting image of a Japanese anime school: 30 basic desks, a podium for the teacher, and a chalkboard. “I was at least expecting something more extravagant, especially from a magic high school. Taking a seat in the back of the classroom, closest to the window, I laid my head down and gathered some more sleep before the others would arrive.

Last edited by Laran on Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:40 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Asteria
Admin

PostSubject: Awakenings   Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:01 pm

I blinked sleepily as a kaleidoscope of color splashed across my vision. Light filtered in from a large glass mosaic, the light fragmenting into countless different shades.
The image depicted a mage reaching out his hands with four elemental spirits reaching for him from the four cardinal directions.
It was...breathtaking.
I laid there on the comfortable leather couch and basked in its light, willing magick to soak into my body.
With everything that had been happening lately it had been a while since I'd been alone.
It was grand.
Well it would have been if Xen hadnt gotten the better of me again.
All my clothing was in order and I didn't feel any pain, just what the hell did he want?
As I registered my surroundings I discovered I was still in the library. An ocean of books seemed an appropriate way to describe the place, I was in the library's center it seemed, a large circular depression that resembled a lounging area with a ruby red carpet stretching east, a deep blue carpet west, an emerald green carpet north, and a golden carpet stretching south.
A reflection of the mosaic.
This place would serve perfectly as HQ was all I kept thinking.
A manilla folder caught my attention on the floor and I realized it must have fallen when I got up.
I kneeled and retrieved it and inside was a schedule.

Intro to Basic Magick 8:00 - 8:45
Augmentation Magick 8:50 - 9:35
Sin Magic: Pride 9:40 - 10:25
Runes and Glyphs 10:30 - 11:15
Arena 11:20 - 12:05
Lunch 12:10 - 12:55
Magical Creatures 1:00 - 1:45
Field Assignments 2:00 - 2:45

Well my schedule didn’t look bad at all, I felt a sense of excitement. I was going to ace these classes and make a name for myself. I was going to be the magus everyone wanted to be, or to be close to.
I smiled radiantly. Now I just needed to look flawless, I needed to get dressed and-
Light burst from my body and spiraled around me before reforming and reshaping itself to perfectly tailor my body.
A monarch can’t be expected to wear a school outfit.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SolemmTiger

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Vice Arcana   Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:09 pm

I stretched instinctively and yawned not even realizing that I was still alive. As I sat up I realized I was in the same strange place with the sun shining through the window. "This place looks amazing in the morning light." I was confused and did not understand what was going on I should be dead then I heard a knock at the door. I went down stairs and opened the front door taking in the sights from the night before in the light of dawn. "I have a really active imagination." As I opened the door I did not see anyone besides the cloaked person hiding behind a tree trying to be sneaky but I decided to ignore them and focus on the box on my door step. I brought it inside and found a school issued cell phone which I quickly activated. Then I pulled out my uniform "hm this looks nice." Beneath it was a manilla folder with the symbol of sloth on it. Inside was my new schedule "An 8 a.m. class are you serious ugh..."

Intro to Basic Magic 8:00-8:45
Magical Endurance Training 8:50-9:35
Sin Magic: Sloth 9:40-10:25
Runes and Glyphs 10:30-11:15
Arena 11:20-12:05
Lunch 12:10-12:55
Magical Philosophy 1:00-1:45
Administration and Tactics in a World of Magic 2:00-2:45

"Hm, well I still have some time to take a shower." I noticed there were also some basic necessities in the box including soap and tooth paste along with a requisition form of approved foods, beverages and other items for students to order for their residence.

As I came down stairs after a surprisingly relaxing shower for a mirage I couldn't help but think "Damn I am glad this old mirage house has hot running water." As I walked back over to my schedule I noticed there was a letter under it that I did not see earlier.

Dear Moron,

This is not a mirage and you are not dead or dying though you will be soon if you do not get your shit together.

Sincerely,
None of Your Damn Business

"Hm well that  was rude of my subconscious to say. AH!" I looked down at my now stinging finger as I watched blood trickle from the paper cut onto the letter. "I... I can't get hurt in a dream... then that means... this isn't a mirage." I stood there for I do not know how long as the truth finally started to become clear. This place is real, magic is real and this lame ass paper cut is what it took for me to realize it not some cool monster or crazy fight just a piece of paper with a glowing corner. "Wait a glowing corner... hm they wanted me to get hurt to snap me out of my insanity. Well this means I made a terrible first impression yesterday. But according to the voice yesterday this magic is my chance to have that life I wanted one of ease and luxury. It seems at the very least from here on out things won't be so boring but I bet they will be equally as stressful." I stood there staring at my schedule and the letter and the ring with the symbol of sloth on it letting it all settle in before hardening my resolve for the days to come, and then I turned and left locking the door behind me and heading for my first class. "HOLY SHIT! THAT MEANS THAT SCARY GHOST LAST NIGHT WAS REAL!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flynn Izaya

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Vice Arcana   Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:38 am

I was surrounded by people their faces were blurred I could tell who they were but they were all screaming at me “Monster! Demon! Murderer!” Their voices were filled with malice and hate, I had not done anything wrong why were they calling me these horrid things?

“I am not a murderer, or a demon, or a monster I am just like all of you, I am normal just like all of you what makes me so different. Why can’t we all just be friends?"

“You are going to get all of us killed we need to get rid of you now while you are still weak!” I could feel all of them readying mana.

“No I would never do that STOP!” I woke up in a sweat, it was just a nightmare.

“Flynn, are you ok?”

Yeah I am fine just had a nightmare, it’s nothing to be worried about, what time is it?

“I would say about 8:40am Flynn a good time to get up, your roommate left a while ago, you should also check that envelope it might have your class information in it.”

Ugh papers, school, not this again I thought I was done with school at least this could be fun I mean it is a magic school. Dragging myself to my feet I walked over to the desk on my side of the room and opened the envelope that had a class schedule in it and a map, I quickly through the map in the trash and looked over the schedule.

Intro to Basic Magic       8:00am - 8:45am
Mass Combat Training                8:50am - 9:35am
Sin Magic: Greed           9:40am - 10:25am
Intermediate Conjuration     10:30am - 11:15am
Arena                               11:20am - 12:05pm
Lunch                               12:10pm - 12:55pm
Magical Creatures            1:00pm - 1:45pm
Physical Fitness              2:00pm - 2:45pm
D.L.C .Session                  3:00pm – 5:00pm

“Holy crap I am late for my first class, better not be late to the second one.” Grabbing Demon Lord Duckie and what looked like a phone off the night stand I bolted out the door.

“Missing your first class of your school year good job Flynn, also I hope you know where you are going without that map.”

“Damn it!” I shouted in frustration.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asteria
Admin

PostSubject: Basic Magick    Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:57 pm

I entered the classroom not knowing what to expect and it went dead silent.
Instantly I felt the entire male population's eyes bore into my body.
Now that's the response I was looking for.
My eyes did a quick scan and I noted 4 attractive men and 3 attractive women.
However my servant Laran was still the best looking- even though he looked like he might start drooling at any minute.
This wouldn't do, having a delinquent attached to my name?
Let's have a little fun Laran.
I walked over to him doing my best shy girl impression, hand pressed against my chest, eyes scanning about rapid fire to convey nervousness until I came to the empty seat beside him in the back of the room.
I casually stomped on his foot with my heel before sitting down.

"Oh I'm sorry!"

I bent forward at the waist and took his hands in mine, "My name is Asteria and I'm new here, I'd really love it if you'd help me get more...acquainted."
I smiled radiantly and he was instantly hated by the entire male population.
Annoyed murmurs cut across the room.
To make it even more audacious I snagged a pencil and a scrap of paper from Laran's desk and quickly jotted down a note before passing it back to him and doing my best to look bashful.
Ugh sickening.
Even more angry and irritated murmurs swam through the room.
The note read,
Dear servant, it won't do to slack off and make your empress look bad. <3 <3 <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xevran

PostSubject: Basic Magick    Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:41 pm

Only 8 a.m. and that woman- Asteria was it?- already had half the class horny and gunning to beat up that servant of hers Laran.
And that outfit... she was straight out of a pirate cosplay fetish, all she needed was the feathered tricorne and some hoop earrings to be made fantasy in the flesh.
My hand began writing of its own accord and as I read the message I glared and it went up in flames.
You are hyper aware of that one.

"Shut up damn it."

Students two seats away from me instantly silenced and eyed me fearfully.
That just pissed me off more.
My tattoo flared with light but from the corner of my eye I watched as Asteria smiled and blew me a kiss.
Was I entertainment for her!?
I eyed her dangerously, Xenophiel's little pet.
Just ignore her.
I turned back to face forward and looked down to find another note.
She diffused your anger rather quickly.
I just hoped she had Arena with me, I would put her in her place.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laran
Admin

PostSubject: Performance   Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:38 pm

Jolted awake by, what I assumed was a dagger, being plunged into my foot, I watched Asteria continue a charade of some sorts.  Aware of my surroundings, all the males in the room displayed faces of malice. “You have to be kidding me. Class hasn’t even begun and she threw a target on me.” Glancing at the note her timid character had placed on my desk, it was hard not to feel irritated. All of this just because I yearned for more rest. Through gritting teeth, I smiled at her and couldn’t help but join in the antics.

“It would be a pleasure to assist someone of such charm and beauty. However your grace needs some touching up.” Stop it Laran, you are providing the other students more ammo to seek you out. “Please take my number and we can walk together after class, maybe even refresh ourselves with a hot cup of tea.” I couldn’t resist adding emphasis to the word, as though it belong in a romantic soap opera. Scribbling a note, I gently placed it on her hand.
Princess, I wouldn’t be commenting on others appearances while dressed like a stripper on Christmas. ;3

Glancing around her, The Contractor appeared to be causing his own scene. “Probably another victim of the Queen I presume. Poor fellow doesn’t even know the chaos she will swallow him with.” mumbling to myself before casting my gaze to the front of the room. The remaining seats started to fill up but a few desks were still bare. As the clock signaled 8:00, the lack of a professor begun to baffle me. It was then a man draped in a black cloak flowed into the room. Crimson hair flowing down his shoulders, he could only be in his late twenties or early thirties. Like all the other beings I have interacted with here, he was gorgeous.

“Good morning everyone. I would like to take this moment to welcome all of you talented individuals to Introduction to Basic Magick. It is my job to instruct you on the fundamentals of magick. This includes explaining auras that we all posses, manifesting and forming mana, the limitations to the craft, and even some rudimentary spells that only require you to focus. Now shall we begin?” He turned and started drawing on the chalkboard.

Last edited by Laran on Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Asteria
Admin

PostSubject: Fun   Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:37 pm

Oh so Laran was of that persuasion...
I looked to our yummy professor and back at Laran.
"How's your gaydar Laran? Professor red over there more of the princess you are into?"
I said in hushed undertones.
I was having so much fun here, even though it was similar to my old life what with being branded at someone's beck and call and having all my classes picked out for me.... I'd never had someone I could think of as a friend. Sweet little Laran, and he was gay too , perfect he didn't make me feel skiddish like other men but I would never tell him that. If he ever found any of this out he'd be transferring to the pride domain. So while he glared at me I smiled radiantly and raised my hand.
" Excuse me Professor? Laran here said he had a question for you."
Someone else could bare the burden of spotlight for a little.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SolemmTiger

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Vice Arcana   Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:41 am

Now that I knew this was no joke I wasted no time. I got to class first and took the seat in the back furthest from the door so I could watch everyone. Nothing interesting happened until the women who made a commotion in the cafeteria yesterday entered. I did not play her game. I just kept pretending to memorize the campus map in front of me. She must be close to tea cup man because they keep passing notes and whats up with the creepy guy yelling over there. For now I will slip into the background and watch, I will bide my time until I can act in the greatest benefit to myself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laran
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Vice Arcana   Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:25 pm

“Wait...gaydar? What are you going on about now Princess.” The question caught me off guard and I could feel my cheeks become flush as my normal complexion wavered. Never have I been placed in the situation where I was able to ponder romantic and sexual thoughts. During these situations, I question whether Asteria’s actions were that of us being team members, friends, or just her toying with another pawn. “One day I will figure you out, Queen,” I muttered underneath my breath.

“What can I do for you Laren?” My attention turned to the professor, who was under the impersonation that I was withholding a viable question. All the students had now turned and were awaiting the reason for the disruption.

“Um…” Nothing came to my head. Before I had a copious amount of question. Now, there was nothing.

“It’s okay Laran. All questions deserve an answer, regardless of how irrelevant they may seem.” My face was only turning darker shades under all this pressure. “Just compose yourself,” I thought “Asteria’s question has thrown your mindset out of balance.”

“Umm..” I began again, “I was just genuinely curious as to what has occurred over the last day. One moment, I am in a room and the next, I find myself in the courtyard. Also I am able to perform magic and took part of a mysterious ceremony. Could you provide me with some form of an explanation?” Well that was a mouthful.

“Quite simply, you have been chosen by flow of the universe. No one understands why but you are here now. Being able to utilize your magick upon arrival is just a sign that being surrounded by more magick helped to activate your potential. Lastly, the ceremony was used to determine which sin your magick originates from. Judging by the markings on your hands, you belong to the Ira Archive, also known as Wrath. I hope that sheds some light for you, any further questions and you can stop by my office at any given point.” He gave me a slight smirk before turning back to his lesson.

“Happy now,” I mumbled in Asteria’s direction before placing my head between my arms, frustrated and embarrassed.
Back to top Go down
Asteria
Admin

PostSubject: learning   Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:19 pm

I paid apt attention to our teacher's words. Everyone knew a strong foundation was key to mastering the more complex arts and I intended to master all facets of Magick I could.
The lesson revolved all around auras, similar to electromagnetic fields generated by the presence of Magick. Magicians had far more potent auras than regular humans, making us more resistant to disease and harm. As well as accelerated healing. By consciously directing the flow of aura we could enhance these capabilities.
Apparently that was my gift, I deduced from his lecture that my powers of augmentation dealt with manipulating my aura to greater extents than most mages could, and with practice I could do the same to others. His lecture on inspiring healing in another's body by using your own made me realize I could.
There was a lot my Magick could do.
I definitely wanted to experiment. Maybe I'd try stabbing Laran later and seeing if I could intensify his aura to deflect it.
Seeing auras wasn't as difficult as i thought it would be. I was quite the natural given my particular magick. Just had to direct a small flow of aura to your eyes and relax your vision and suddenly the world became much brighter than I ever thought I could see it as.
My aura was intense and luminescent white, it wrapped around me like a cloak and it was near blinding. I had a few gasps as people looked my way, but I was used to that reaction by now.
Larans aura was yellow like his headsets and as I scanned the sea of colors my eyes landed on that guy who had been staring at us in the lunchroom.
"Heads up Laran, creeper is here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Vice Arcana   

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1: Vice Arcana
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next